Engelhardt Citrus Nursery – Growing with passion
Our family has been growing fruit trees for over 100 years – My great grandfather started his nursery in Germany in 1909. Since then, my grandfather and then my father expanded the nursery to one of the best in Germany.
In 1998 my wife and I migrated to Australia. Our little citrus nursery was started in 1999. We started with 1500 citrus rootstock but have constantly expanded to meet the growing demand. Currently we are propagating 13,000 citrus, 2,000 Dwarf Citrus and 2,500 Avocados every year, yet we remain a family business integrating our children as the next generation.
We are situated in the beautiful Orara Valley near Coffs Harbour (N.S.W.) and are open for inspection by appointment. Just give us a ring and we will look forward to seeing you for a yarn and a cuppa!
It is our aim to produce only the best quality of trees, and we put a lot of effort into achieving this.
- We use virus tested citrus rootstock seed from Auscitrus. Only the best rootstock in the seedbed are chosen for potting.
- Our potting mix comes from GoGrow in Ballina and is especially made for citrus with a perfect air fill porosity.
- Virus tested Budwood is obtained from Auscitrus.
- Plants are grown on benches to avoid soil born diseases.
- Our spraying programme is very professional incorporating seaweed, fertilizer and trace elements to achieve a good and healthy dark green colour of the leaves.
- Hail netting is in place to protect the plants against extreme weather conditions.
- Plants are sun hardened.
Please, note that we are a wholesale nursery. We do supply plants retail locally, but we cannot do mail order.
For those looking for a retail mail order supplier for trees we recommend Daleys Fruit Tree Nursery in Kyogle NSW.
John and Sonja Engelhardt